All Breed Obedience, Conformation, Rally, Flyball
and Agility Classes
Click here for Agility information!
Conformation Ring Time:
Monday nights from 7pm to 8pm.
Join us anytime!
Cost is $5 per person. This is held in our heated/air conditioned facility! This is an open ring time, not instructor led.
- Puppy Class:
-Monday nights. Show up your first night at 6:00 for orientation and to get started on basics. After your first night, class starts at 6:30.
Join us anytime! We like to see puppies get started right away so you can join this class anytime. Call or email to pre register.
+Duration: 6 weeks
+Pre-registration required, contact us for forms and directions.
+Other Info: This class is for puppies 5 months of age and under. Puppies can start as young as 8 weeks of age as long as they have received their first round of shots. This course should be completed by or shortly after 5 months of age.
Each week starts with 15 minutes of puppy social time to interact with other puppies and their owners. We then work on basic obedience exercises including heeling on leash, sit, down stay and come. We also address such puppy issues as biting, chewing, house breaking, crate training and any other issues that need addressing. Class size is typically between 6 and 9 puppies.
- Beginner Obedience:
-Tuesday; September 26th to November 14th, 2017. Time: 8 to 9pm.
November 21st, 2017 to January 9th, 201. Time: 8 to 9pm.
- Tuesday; August 29th to October 17th, 2017. Time: 7 to 8pm.
October 24th to December 12th, 2017. Time: 7 to 8pm.
duration: 8 weeks.
+Pre-registration required, contact us for forms and directions.
+Other Info: This class is for dogs 5 months and older that have not done beginner obedience. Each week we work for an hour with your class on obedience exercises including heeling on leash, figure 8 heeling, sit, down, stay, stand for exam, wait, come, and finish. Class size is typically 8 to 10 dogs.
- Intermediate Obedience Class:
+Monday nights from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
+Cost is $15 per drop in session or buy a block of 5 classes for $60.
No preregistration is required to attend this class. It is an ongoing class so you can join us any Monday for training. This class is for those who have completed a Beginner Obedience class and are looking to continue working on what they learned as well as learn new exercises. This CABs is great for anyone looking to keep their dog in shape with their obedience!
- Rally Class This is not just for beginners! We have continued this class for all levels!
Day and time: Mondays, 7:00 to 8:00pm
+IF you are interested in attending, please contact us ahead of time so we can have courses set up for you!
+$Cost is $15 per drop in session or buy a block of 5 classes for $60.
+. Rally is a fun way to develop team work between you and your dog. This class is designed to introduce you to the Rally Novice signs and how to do the courses and a basic understanding of what is judged if you would to decide to pursue a Rally Title. If showing is not for you, it is still a lot of fun learning and doing spending time with your dog in a fun, safe setting. Everything in this class is performed on a 6 ft leash and all dogs will be under control. Rally was introduced as a class to introduce a transition from the Canine Good Citizen to both Obedience and Agility. This class is a must to prepare you for the advanced classes and courses to compete with your dog at the higher levels or just let you play at the higher levels.
Our building is available most days for ring time. Please call for availability.
AGILITY AT WATER’S EDGE DOG CENTER:
*Water’s Edge Dog Center currently holds agility classes Thursday’s and Friday’s
Contact us if you would like to join!
- Your dog must be on a 6 foot leather or nylon leash
- Bring along a variety of soft, small doggie treats (quartered and diced hot dogs, jerky, bil-jac, freeze dried liver, Zukes, etc.)
- Bring a copy of your dogs current/up to date vaccination records
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- We hold class regardless of weather. It bad weather (or too hot), we will move indoors.
- This CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. (no need to pre-register, just stop on any/every Wednesday you can)!
- Cost: $5.00 per class.
- Class Details: Puppy agility will introduce you and your pup to some of the agility obstacles in a safe manner helping to build overall coordination and confidence. Classes will also introduce safe and fun groundwork exercises to help improve the pup/handler bond and build a strong agility foundation. This class is for all puppies who are physically sound and are 4-10 months of age.
Beginners 2: Cost for all other 8 week agility classes is $110.00
Advanced Level Classes:
- 8 week session:
- Time: 6 to 7pm, starting Wednesdays starting January 1st, 2014. YOU CAN START THIS CLASS ON ANY WEDNESDAY. The way this class runs, it is ongoing allowing you to start on any Wednesday. We ask that you contact us prior to arrival.
- Cost: $120.00 for 8 weeks of class.
- Class details: Beginners 1 will introduce safe and fun groundwork exercises to help improve the dog/handler bond and build a strong agility foundation as well as introduce you and your dog, in a positive manner, to the exciting sport of agility and many of the obstacles! This class is for all dogs that have current vaccinations and are physically sound.
- WEDC also offers several Intermediate and Advanced level classes Thursdayy evenings. Current WEDC students will be placed into specific classes by the Director of Agility to maintain teams of similar working styles/abilities in each class to maximize the learning experience for all
- 8 class session, contact us regarding start dates for upcoming classes.
All classes are inside for the fall/winter season.
Flyball is a fun, fast paced relay race sport where dogs race in teams of four side by side with against other teams jumping over a set of hurdles, retrieving a tennis ball and returning to its owner.
You can find more about the sport here
Flyball classes are on Saturday mornings from 10am until done (depending on how many dogs show up). Cost is $5 per session. This is a drop in training situation so you can start any time. We will from time to time NOT have practices on weekend when me may be competing.
We will NOT have practice on the following dates:
May 13th, 2017
May 20th, 2017
June 3rd, 2017
July 22nd, 2017
We will be here for training all other Saturdays.
If you are interested in starting, you can show up or contact us with questions.
Class refund policy:
- · Refunds: 100% credit/transfer/refund if Water’s Edge Dog Center cancels class. Full credit/transfer or refund minus $5 processing fee if client cancels 14 calendar days or more in advance of class start date. Credit/transfer/refund minus $10 processing fee if client cancels less than 14 days in advance of class start date. If client cancels after starting class, the refund will be prorated and $25 materials fees will also be deducted. All cancellations must be received in writing and sent by US mail.